Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, July 28, 2006

Annie-ism for the day


one of annie's new things is that when i tell her it is time to eat a meal, any meal, she says she is not hungry. however she wants to eat fruit snacks ALL the time. i am convinced that they have something addictive in them. o.k. sunday at church she made a scroll. it says "i must be about my father's business". side note - she is also loving to put on lipstick. so today she was playing with the scroll and she came to me and said "mommy, my scroll says that i don't have to eat lunch because i have lipstick on!!!" it killed me to not bust out laughing!!!! her thought process and creativity crack me up!!! sorry this if this is hard to follow she was just so cute and i wanted to journal that!

15 comments:

Dallas said...

Again, Annie is adorable (I feel like I am going to have to start all of my comments like this...because it is so true!). I cannot wait for Nora to start having cute little quips for me to write down. I'm sure it will happen before I know it. I looked at your slideshow...is your sister having a baby?

Karie said...

thanks again!!! it is fun to be able to share the funny things they do and say!!! if i don't write them down i'm afraid i will forget them!!! yes, my sister is having a baby. max is due sept 1. kelly's sister is having a little girl aug 14. so we are having a baby boom in our family!!! so fun : )

Tesney said...

Annie is beautiful...really, she could be a child model. Except who wants their kid in that crazy business? Anywho...I cannot wait to see you guys. I'll email soon, but we're planning to be there on the evening of the 24th in time for supper, so I hope it works out for us to see you guys. We're staying at the Hotel Bostic. :)

Tesney said...

I just looked at your Flckr pics and noticed Kelly in the triathalon pic. What does the Amy Glass Triathalon benefit? I've totally lost touch with her sister and seeing her name made me very nostalgic/sad. Do you know what's going on with her fam?

Brooke said...

Oh my goodness. I love her. That picture reminds me of going to Brooke C's wedding and Annie wanted to marry her daddy! So precious. By the way, I miss you. Why haven't we seen each other this summer? (Oh yeah because I am never home.) Soon, we will get together, ok?

Kristen OQ said...

She looks so cute all dressed up in her little bride dress. And I totally followed the thought-process -- very similiar to Sam, who could also sustain life on Curious George & Veggie Tales fruit snacks!

Karie said...

tes - thanks about annie! of course, i think she is beautiful too!!! i can't wait to see ya'll too!!! i feel like such a bad friend, i haven't sent you anything for clayton! my goal will be to have your gift that weekend!!! i can't wait to meet him! as for the amy g triathlon, it was the memphis in may mini-triathlon. the people doing it for amy g raised money for her scholarship fund at fhu. the wetsuits were great!!!

brooke - maybe we can see each other when tes is in town!!! i miss you too. hopefully things will slow down for you soon, annie is needing some "brooke ray" and "brooke ray josh" time!!!!

Karie said...

ooooh we haven't found veggi tales fruit snacks!!! i'm sure she would LOVE those!!! right now she is enjoying the cinderella ones that gran gran (my mom) gave her!!

i'm glad you could follow the thought process and my explanation of it kristen!!! i felt pretty scattered when i re-read it!!!

amber said...

Annie is a doll! I loved seeing the picture of Kelly on your flickr site!! I take it that was at one of her showers. Tell her to call me next time you talk to her!

Karie said...

amber - yes, that was at her church shower last weekend. it was fun to be there with her to celebrate!!! max will be here before we know it. i will tell her to call you!

Anonymous said...

I'm leaving messages on all my old friend's blog pages because I miss them. I hope you are doing well. Your daughter is beautiful.

Karie said...

is that bradley as in big brad eatherly??? what is going on?? i would love to hear what is going on in your life! married yet??? : )

Anonymous said...

Not married yet, but I have been dating a girl for 3.5 years. I like her alright, I guess.

Anonymous said...

Could she be any more beautiful?!?!?!? And I absolutely love the story- I'm sure you NEVER said anything like that! :) Miss you guys and hope we can all get together soon! Brooke, Jean, Kristen- let's start throwing some dates out there!!! Hopefully we'll be living in Dallas by this fall! ~Whitney

Anonymous said...

What a precious picture for a precious little girl! I'm so impressed that you are keeping up with this. Maybe someday I'll get on the bandwagon...okay, who am I kidding????