Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Unemployed

That's right, I am now officially unemployed. After being a labor and delivery nurse for a little over 7 years, I have turned in my resignation. This is a very bitter-sweet time for me. I have loved being a nurse and specifically have enjoyed my years spent in Labor and Delivery. It has been a way that I have defined myself. However, I have always, deep down, wanted to be a full time Mommy. After much thought, discussion, and prayers, Kelly and I decided that the time had come for me to fulfill that desire. Who knows what the future will hold as far as my nursing career goes. But for now I am so excited to be able to completely focus on my family and their needs. With the removal of the stress that my occasional work days added, coupled with hopefully relieving the stress of having our house on the market, I won't know what to do with myself! Maybe, just maybe, I can focus on raising our children!!!

9 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh Karie, that is so exciting! I know these next few years at home with your kids will be so special. Keep us posted on the house situation. I'll be praying about it. It is so cute, these people would be crazy not to buy it!

Whitney said...

Congrats Karie, that's great news! I know you will miss that part of your life, but it is going to be SO great to be at home full-time now! Shane & I were just talking about what a great nurse you are (while we were on the hospital tour and in the labor and delivery wing.) Could you maybe make an exception and come back to be my nurse when I have little Austin??? :)

Karie said...

whit, i sure wish i could be your nurse. that would be a lot of fun!! i would love to be there when Austin makes his appearance. i had someone at church ask me that too!!! she is actually going to deliver at the hospital where i worked. it would be nice to pick and choose which deliveries i did!

Bryan and Sarah said...

I've always said that I would love for you to be my nurse. I may be calling you next Thursday to make sure everything is going the way that it is supposed to. :) You are going to love being at home. I am praying for y'all.
Love ya,
Sarah

Hello blog buddies! It's me, Crouse! said...

kar, i just talked to you the other night and you didn't even say anything about this!!!! it has been a long time coming, hasn't it? you are definitely supermom. you are such an inspiration to me and such an example of self-sacrifice and discipline! i love you bunches!!!!! i don't know how you have done it this far - keeping the house so nice, cooking healthy meals, making homemade baby food, breastfeeding, having the most awesome social life, running errands, having a blog, mary kay consulting :-), mowing the yard when you were huge with daniel!!! you are so great and i am just so happy for you. hope to see you soon! love, brooke

Kristen OQ said...

What a exciting time -- no job and maybe a sold house! I will be praying for good news as you await a possible offer. I don't know how you have done it this long...our was 2 weeks and I was ready to throw in the towel! I can't believe Hudson will be here so soon! Love you.

Tesney said...

Been prayin' for the house to sell! Hopefully it's a done deal soon. Did you mention that you resigned when we talked? I was kinda preoccupied a couple of times trying to keep Clayton from hacking a lung so I'm sorry if I don't remember. Anyway, that's awesome! I'm a bit jealous...I would love to completely quit working...but I do enjoy the little bit that I do. Maybe if we have a #2. :) Love you Kar! Can't wait to see Hudson!!!

Christy Brockman said...

Thanks Karie! It's a relief to know someone else is having the same feelings -that I'm not crazy! BTW - my kids were 4 and 2 when we sold our house in Olive Branch - I felt like a drill sergeant! I will be praying that Hudson is happy and healthy! Try and get some rest!

chesley said...

Congrats Karie! That's exciting. Saw the link to your blog on Laura Beth's.