So this week has been a little busy in our house!!! We got 2 offers last Saturday, countered one and it was accepted. So we began the process of finalizing the deal. We had the termite inspection done and it passed. For some reason I was a little nervous about that one. I don't know why, we have never seen any signs but I guess I just felt that it was a hurdle that had to be crossed. Then Tuesday night Kelly was on call, which means he stays overnight at the hospital. Usually I make the trip to my inlaws house for the night because I don't like staying by myself. However, the Memphis area got hit pretty hard by storms that night and I didn't want to risk getting out in it. At least one of the tornadoes hit some warehouses and businesses about a mile from my inlaw's house. Lucky for us, most of the bad stuff was to the south and east of us. Then Friday was the big inspection at our house. We were hoping to get to review the report today but that will not be done and in our hands until Monday. Knowing this and knowing how anxious we were to hear something, their realtor graciously called our realtor to let him know how it went. He said that our house is in great condition and that there are only a few minor things that are going to need to be fixed. He also said that it probably won't even take the entire amount that we had indicated that we would pay in our contract!!!! Thank You God!!!! Our realtor said that he felt like we would pass the inspection without any problems but you just never know with an 83+ year old house!!! Needless to say, we felt a huge burden lifted when we heard this news. That was a huge hurdle that we felt we had to cross before we could feel secure in this deal. Over the past week we have also been looking for a house to rent. We have decided that this is the best option for us for now, knowing how the market is and not knowing if we are going to be staying here for fellowship. We just don't feel comfortable buying a house right now, knowing that we may HAVE to sell it in 2 1/2 years. So after calling about several and looking at a few we had the perfect house practically fall in our lap. It is owned by friends of Kelly's cousin. He was transferred to Virginia and they have had it on the market for over a year. It is apparently as big of a blessing to them as it is to us. It was beginning to be very difficult for them to continue paying 2 house notes. However, they didn't want to just rent it to anyone. We have been truly amazed at how God has worked in our life through this whole ordeal. We have been praying for over 10 months now that God would send someone to buy our house. We have prayed for peace and wisdom in our decisions and we have tried to wait patiently for HIS timing. Isn't it amazing how sometimes it just hits you like a ton of bricks. I feel like God has told me over and over this week, "Please, Karie, just be still and KNOW that I am GOD". I had been feeling soooooooooo anxious about having the house on the market after Hudson is born. I kept asking myself how in the world am I going to do this??? And now I praise God that HE has lifted that burden from me. I feel like now I can focus my time and energy on my family. I feel like I have been so uptight for the past 10 months, trying to keep the house perfect, trying to be a good mom and good wife while feeling the exhaustion of my 3rd pregnancy. And now I feel that I can just enjoy my life and move on to the next chapter.
We hope to have all of the paper work done this week for the lease deal. So hopefully we can start moving next weekend. That is after we go to the hospital on Wednesday to have Hudson, spend a night or 2 in the hospital, and then come home on Friday to celebrate Annie's 5th birthday!!! So I guess next week is going to be pretty busy too, huh!?!?!? Welcome to my life!!!!! Then we are scheduled to close on our house February 27 and hand over possession on March 1!!!! I just need to continue to remind myself during this craziness to "BE STILL AND KNOW" that God is with me!!!
Sorry for the long post!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Don't be sorry for the long post- it was all information that I wanted to know! Glad that the inspections went well & that everything in regards to selling the house seems to be going very smooth! The rent house sounds great too- what a perfect situation!
Glad yall are okay after all of the TN storms the other night- I was really getting worried while watching the news!
Can't wait to see pics of baby Hudson this week- make sure Kelly sends some out or posts them on your blog! Love you!
It is amazing how God works isn't it! I can't imagine how much relief you must feel at this moment. And you have handled all of the craziness with grace, so don't even worry about that :) You always do! Love you!
I can definitely relate to the craziness you have been going through-I have been through almost all of that. But you are right - God seems to make it all work out so nicely just when we think we can't handle it anymore!
You don't have to be worried and anxious. . . I have been doing that for you! You all have been in my thoughts and prayers . . . and I've been thinking, "How is she going to get it all done?" and then knowing, if anyone can handle it, you can! May God continue to give you peace and comfort as he blesses you and this exciting week! I can't wait to see Hudson! Love you!
I will be praying for you and Baby Hudson. Look forward to seeing him via the blog!
PS Thanks for the comment on my blog! I nedd all the help that I can get!
Kristy
Post a Comment